Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Love Luiaard

Luiaard is the Dutch word for sloth. And boy are these luiaard cute!

I decided to take a photo op with the sloths, which are being kept in Monique's bathroom until the habitats are created for them in Bergendal.

Ger reached out and surprised me; I think he wanted to be the star of the photo!

 Here is Ger, just chilling out.

This is baby Rafael. He has to be fed twice daily with goat's milk. He has a little issue with his right eye that caused him to go blind and he had surgery for it, but I think it kinda looks like he's winking at you :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Haley! What a neat blog! I feel like I am there! We're soooo glad you are enjoying Suriname! We love ya! Papa and Mema

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask ... does Ger "grrrr" a lot?

    ReplyDelete